Come rain, sleet or snow, you can still be king of the grill with an indoor grill or George Forman. If it can be grilled outside, it can be done in the kitchen, even pizza and desserts. Some of our favorite tips and recipes?
- There are two basic indoor grills: The George Forman, Krups Universal Grill and Panini Maker, Cuisinart Gridller or Breville Indoor BBQ and Grill allows you to grill two-sided. An open electric grille is extremely versatile. For the latter, we like Sanyo Smokeless, Zojirushi and Minden Master.
- Cooking meat inside doesn't require a thermomet but this handy Grilling Chart will help you avoid under or over-cooking for dual contact indoor grills.
- To clean the grill, unplug and let cool. Moisten a sponge or paper towels and place them inside the grill.
- George Forman Veggie Zucchini Burgers
Serve on a hamburger bun with all the fixings!
2 cloves garlic, grated
2 onions, grated
2 carrots, shredded
1 small zucchini, shredded
1 small summer squash, shredded
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon soy sauce (for a treat, try the tamari variety!)
1 1/2 cups flour
1. Heat garlic and onions in olive oil over low heat for 5 minutes. Add squash, zucchini, and carrots and heat for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and add oats, cheese, and eggs.
2. Add tamari or soy sauce. Form into patties. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Dredge patties in flour. Grill for 5 minutes or as desired, until golden brown and hot all the way through.
|Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches
Serve with a side of black beans and yellow rice. Muy bueno!
No-stick cooking spray
4 boneless turkey cutlets thawed and sliced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 loaves Cuban, French or Italian Bread, 15 inches long
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/2 pound smoked ham
1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
1 cup dill pickle slices
1. Remove turkey from package. Dry with paper towels.
2. Combine cumin, garlic powder salt and pepper. Sprinkle over turkey.
3. Brush turkey lightly with oil. Grill turkey 4-5 minutes each side.
4. Cut each bread loaf lengthwise in half.
5. Spread bottom half of each loaf with 2 tablespoons mustard.
6. Top with the sliced turkey, ham, cheese and pickles.
7. Cover with tops of bread loaves. Press bread loaves with hands to flatten. Wrap in aluminum foil.
8. Place loaves on indoor grill and top each with heavy iron skillet or brick or use a George Forman grill. Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
9. Unwrap bread loaves. Diagonally cut each into 3 pieces.
- Nibble more recipes
- Dessert: Grilled Bananas
We love to serve this over vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce.!
4 bananas (not overripe)
1 stick butter
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Melt butter, sugar, lime juice and cinnamon slowly in a saucepan.
2. Peel banans and brush with 1/2 butter mixture, reserving the rest for later.
3. Grill for 2-4 minutes and turn once in the middle.
4. Slice the bananas, and swish in remaining butter sauce.
5. Put sliced bananas back on the grill for 3 minutes.